Monday, January 5, 2009

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - Reread

Well, I pulled out an old favorite this time. Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice is probably one of my favorite stories. There is something about her characters that really gets the reader interested in the story itself. Her way with words and turns of phrase is part of it. This is one of those books that I usually read at least once a year. Sometimes more LOL It also led me to re-watch the BBC mini series with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. A great production of the book. Very accurate and the few changes they made were barely noticeable and were necessary for the dramatization.

2 comments:

Mridula Krishnapur said...

i totally agree with u!!....ehle and firth have potrayed lizzy and Darcy so well....

Unknown said...

I haven't read it but it is in my to read pile this year! xx
BTW, my book journal is http://kellys-book-journal.blogspot.com/ or you can get to it through my blogger ID